Building a Business Before I Feel Ready
Starting a business has been one of the biggest learning experiences for me recently. My cousin and I started a pressure washing business called Saguaro Surface Solutions. Before starting it, I thought a lot of running a business was just doing good work and finding customers. I quickly learned there is a lot more that goes into it.
We have had to learn about equipment, chemicals, pricing, marketing, insurance, and even small things like how we communicate with customers. A lot of it has been trial and error. There have been days where equipment did not work correctly or something took way longer than we expected. At the same time, figuring those problems out has probably taught me more than if everything worked perfectly from the beginning.
One of the biggest things I have learned is that you are probably never going to feel completely ready. At some point, you have to actually start and learn as you go. I am still very early in the process, but I already feel like I understand business much better than I did when we started.
My goal is not just to make money from it. I want to see how far we can grow it and use what I learn along the way for whatever I decide to build in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment