Why Starting With “Why” Matters
For this assignment, I watched Simon Sinek’s TED Talk, “How Great Leaders Inspire Action.” The main idea of the talk is that successful leaders and businesses don't only focus on what they do or how they do it. They start by explaining why they do it. Sinek calls this idea the “Golden Circle,” which starts with why, then how, and finally what.
One thing I learned from the talk is how important having a purpose can be when trying to sell something or get people to believe in an idea. This stood out to me because I am interested in business, sales, and marketing. It made me think about how a business can separate itself from competitors instead of only talking about its services or prices.
What I liked best was how Sinek used real examples to make his point easier to understand. Apple was especially interesting because he explained how the company markets what it believes instead of only listing features of its products.
I think others should watch this TED Talk because the idea can apply to more than just large businesses. It can help with leadership, sales, marketing, or even explaining your own goals. It made me think differently about how businesses communicate with customers and why people choose one company over another.
Comments
Post a Comment